Schweitzer Mountain, Idaho
March 9-16, 2013
Why Choose Schweitzer Mountain Resort?
- 2900 acres of legendary in-bounds terrain - among the largest areas in the United States!
- Gateway to 4000 acres of additional guided backcountry tours for a day of cat skiing or snowmobile touring.
- Easy access - just 90 miles from Spokane International Airport (GEG) via all-weather roads.
- 100% Slope-side lodging at the Schweitzer Mountain Resort Village with a great hot breakfast included in all stays – hotel rooms and condos included!
- Just 11 miles above Sandpoint, Idaho – voted one of the best towns in the West.
Skiing Schweitzer is like having your own private mountain. 2900 acres of lift-serviced terrain rank this among the largest resorts in North America. Lift lines are rare to non-existent and it only gets better from there. If you can see it, you can ski it! Home to incredible bowls, chutes, groomed cruisers and some of the best tree skiing in America (over 1200 acres of trees!), Schweitzer offers unmatched terrain and something for everyone. Want more? Did you ever want to try back country cat skiing but found it too difficult or expensive to arrange? At Schweitzer you can travel with the club while also experiencing thousands of acres filled with fresh powder just one lift ride from the lodge. The cat skiing guide will lead a small group endlessly into every winter aspect you've ever dreamed of: gnarly steep chutes, mellow glades and open fields, glacier-carved, cornice rimmed bowls stacked with powder pillows. And after skiing up to 14,000 powder filled vertical feet, you ski back to the lodge. There's no long cat ride home here!!
Don’t feel like skiing or after one run you know you need a break? Schweitzer lift ticket exchange policy allows you to trade in a day for credit at restaurants, shops, massages, snowshoe, nordic center or the tube park. Take a 25-minute shuttle down to Sandpoint, home of the corporate headquarters for Cold Water Creek. Visit the Pend Oreille and Cold Water Creek Wineries and Laughing Dog & McDuff’s breweries, wander through the many unique shops or try out some of the local restaurants.
Schweitzer Mountain Stats and Facts:
- 300 inches of annual snowfall
- 2900 acre in-bounds ski area with 2400 foot continuous vertical
- Top Elevation 6389 feet
- Lodge Elevation 4700 feet
- Back Bowl Base Elevation 3960 feet
- 15% expert
- 35% advanced
- 40% intermediate
- 10% beginner
Group accommodation options are either 1 or 2 bedroom condominiums or hotel rooms with easy slope-side access. The European style Selkirk Lodge offers deluxe rooms with either a king or two queen beds. The White Pine Lodge offers deluxe fully furnished condos with full kitchens. Both lodges have large outdoor hot-tubs, fitness rooms, unlimited wireless internet access, in-room coffee, tea and hot chocolate, and access to outdoor heated pool.
Price: per person/double occupancy per bedroom
- $1,697 for hotel room / single supplement $570
- $1,779 for 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom condo
- $1,927 for 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom condo
- $555 air credit
- Roundtrip airfare from Orlando to Spokane
- Ground transportation to/from Schweitzer Mountain with grocery stop
- 7-nights lodging at Schweitzer Mountain Resort
- Daily hot full breakfast
- 5-day lift ticket included
- Welcome reception
- Mid-week group dinner
- Mid-week group happy hour
Adult Group Rate Lift Tickets: 5 day pass included
Payment Schedule: (per person)
- Initial Deposit $300.00 with trip application
- 2nd Deposit of $700.00 per person due on 11/30/2012
- Final Payment of all remaining amounts due on 12/21/2012
- Trip Specific Cancellation Policies: Club Standard
Delta flights (subject to change):
- March 9, 2013: Depart Orlando (MCO) 7:20 am; Arrive Spokane (GEG) 12:19pm; with ~1+ hour layover in Salt Lake (SLC)
- March 16, 2013: Depart Spokane (GEG) 1:05 pm; Arrive Orlando (MCO) 11:14pm; with ~1+ hour layover in Salt Lake (SLC)
Airline Luggage Notice - Please be aware that most airlines have instituted charges for checked luggage - including skis, boots and other sports equipment. Be advised that these luggage cost are paid directly to the airline at check-in and at the present time these costs will be the traveler’s responsibility.
Mail checks (payable to Space Coast Ski Club) and applications to:
PO Box 361935
Melbourne, FL 32936-1935
For more information contact