Act NOW!! Don't miss out on this great trip!!
San Francisco including Fisherman's Wharf Santa Rosa/Sonoma Wine Tours
May 16 - May 21, 2014
You asked for it, NOW we've got it!
#1 Most Requested trip on Club Surveys
This is sooo much more than just a Wine Tour....
We will be headed to the beautiful California Wine Country, beginning with a stay in San Francisco on the way, to enjoy the city by the Bay. This season is the best time to visit one of the world's best cities and California's amazing Northern Coast & Vineyards.
We have customized a fabulous trip that will highlight hand-picked destinations and wineries. This has been a long time in the making and promises to be an awesome experience. Whether you have visited the area and wineries many times or are new to this experience, this is one trip you do not want to miss!
- Round-trip air, departing from Orlando
- Round-trip ground transportation to and from hotels and for ALL Wine Tours.
- Two nights accommodations in San Francisco at The Tuscan Inn on Fisherman's Wharf. www.tuscaninn.com
- Three nights accommodations at Fountaingrove Inn in Santa Rosa with welcome reception. www.FountaingroveInn.co
- Plenty of free time in San Francisco to ride the cable cars, walk the Golden Gate Bridge, visit Chinatown, Alcatraz, the Wharf (Dungeness crabs will be in season...yum) just to name a few of the great sites to see.
- 5 Wine Tours / Tastings in the Wine Country.
- Plenty of free time to explore the wine country on your own or dine in style at some of the fabulous restaurants, cafés and bistros the area is famous for. Bike tours, hiking trails, shopping and more!!!
Wine Tours and Private tastings throughout Sonoma/Santa Rosa including:
- Private tasting at Korbel, on the way to Santa Rosa. www.korbel.com
- A visit to Bodega Bay for lunch at the famous Inn at the Tides (from Hitchcock's movie The Birds) and Armstrong Woods to view the tremendous Redwoods.
- At Ferrari-Carano Winery you will receive a brief history of the Winery followed by a tour of the Gardens and a walk out to the Vineyard. The Tour will continue on their crush pad where the group will see the destemmer and presses, stainless steel tank room and barrel cellars. Following your tour, we will have a Private Tasting in the winery's French Underground Cellar. www.ferrari-carano.com
- Our visit to La Crema includes a Wine and Cheese Exploration. www.lacrema.com
- Free time in Healdsberg Square - Visit Oakville Grocery http://www.oakvillegrocery.com/ and pick up a picnic lunch to enjoy the in the square, or hike the trails, visit the shops, other tastings, etc.
- A walking Tour and 6 sample tasting at Ledson Castle then explore Historic Sonoma Square. http://www.ledson.com/index.asp
- At the Benzinger Family Winery you get to ride a small tractor pulled tram through the vineyard, with your guide explaining the growing practices employed by the Winery, as well as some of the history of the place. You also get a tour of the caves, where the wine is stored while aging, and a tasting of five different wines in the wine shop. http://www.benziger.com/
- This is just a sample of the Luxury and FUN you can expect!!
All you need to do is pack your suitcase....all else has been handled for you...
Cash Price: $1499 per person Double Occupancy*
Single: $2224 per person - Cash Price
- LAND PACKAGE ONLY Available - $449 Airfare Credit.
*All prices are subject to change due to fuel surcharges and taxes. Cancellation fees apply based upon time of cancellation - very strict policy.
Must be a Club Member for the 2014-2015 year. Membership application and fees are due by 04/01/2014 and are Not included in the trip price.
Members from other FSC Clubs are welcome. Membership will be verified to waive local fee.
Spots may be still be available but require advance approval and pricing after March, 15th...contact trip leader for more info!
- Final Payment Due April 1, 2014
Online: Click the Register button above - registration should be done online if possible, even if you are mailing payment.
Mail: Send completed trip application with Photo ID (for Wine Tours , proof of age is a requirement) and check payable to Space Coast Ski Club to:
129 Nottinghill Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32117
For more information contact the Trip Leader.