Great Migration Photo Safari
Tanzania, East Africa
November 3rd -16th, 2017
The Space Coast Ski & Travel Club is returning to Africa! This African Photo Safari to Tanzania will be a 14-day adventure covering five National Parks and the Island of Zanzibar. Multiple game drives will be scheduled to see the animals that make Tanzania a premier wildlife safari destination. Besides the game drives, cultural tours of local villages, nature hikes near Mount Kilimanjaro and the Rift Rim of the Ngorongoro Crater are planned. The beautiful landscape and the experience of seeing thousands of wildebeest and zebra make their "Great Migration" into the Serengeti will provide for an unforgettable travel and learning experience.
After your safari has been completed, we move to the Island of Zanzibar for a rest on the warm water shores of the Indian Ocean. After two days of experiencing the history and sites of Zanzibar, we return home to Melbourne, Florida.
An array of top tier accommodations have been reserved for this safari. Please use the links below to review the spectacular lodging and locales.
Rivertrees Country Inn
Kambi ya Tembo Tented Camp
Kubu Kubu Tented Camp
Breezes Beach Club Hotel
TRIP PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Pre-Trip Party
- Roundtrip air on Delta/KLM between Melbourne, FL and Kilimanjaro, Africa. (Airlines and flights are subject to change up to 120 days out from travel dates)
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha on day of arrival
- Unlimited Mileage in private 4x4 Safari Vehicle (four vehicles with 6 trippers)
- Professional English-Speaking Driver/Guide
- Park Fees for Arusha NP, Tarangire NP, Manyara NP, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti NP
- Game Drives in Arusha NP, Tarangire NP, Manyara NP, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti NP
- Tour activities include: Village Tour in Tengeru, Masai Boma Village is visited in West-Kilimanjaro. Nature Walks near Mount Kilimanjaro and along the Rift Valley Rim and a visit to Olduvai.
- Two nights accommodations each at the: Rivertrees Country Inn; Kambi ya Tembo Tent Camp; Kitela Lodge and three nights at the Kubu Kubu Luxury Tent Camp in the Serengeti
- Full Board Accommodation for 8 Nights on safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Several happy hour gatherings during the trip
- Scheduled flight between Serengeti/Seronera to Arusha and between Arusha and Zanzibar (Luggage limit of 33 lbs (15 kg) per person total for checked and hand luggage)
- Transfer to Breezes Beach Club hotel on Zanzibar
- 2 nights accommodations with breakfast and dinner at the Breezes Beach Club hotel
- Stone Town guided tour on Zanzibar
- Transfer to the Zanzibar Airport. Flights between Zanzibar and Dar Es Salaam Airport (Luggage limit of 33 lbs (15 kg) per person total for checked and hand luggage)
- Return flight from Dar Es Salaam to Melbourne, FL, via Amsterdam and Atlanta on KLM & Delta
- All current fuel charges and current taxes (Subject to possible changes before ticketing)
- Most group activity tips are included (transfers, group tours, group meals)
- Emergency medical and medical evacuation insurance is included.
- Trip cancellation and travel delay insurance is available but must be purchased separately within 14 days of trip application
Note: The following items are not included in the package price:
- Visa to enter Tanzania (Currently $100 USD for US; non-US citizens maybe different)
- Airline baggage fees
- Tips for Individual safari guides and jeep drivers, when in separate safari game drive vehicles
- Trip cancellation and trip delay insurance is not included in the package price. It is highly recommended that you consider your personal and family situation to determine if this added coverage is needed. Contact the trip leader for information on supplemental coverage.
CASH (CHECK) PRICE:
The initial pricing will be $6,795 (double occupancy) or $7,325 (single room).
NOTE: Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months past the trip completion date--17 May 2018
- This trip is full at 24 travelers.
- A waitlist will be kept for any other interested travelers in case one of the 24 spots becomes available. There is no deposit required for the waitlist.
AIRFARES: Initial group air booking will be made 11 months before trip departure (mid-Dec 2016).
Actual airfare, taxes and any fuel supplements will be calculated and can vary up to time of ticketing.
The SCSTC is not responsible if airlines cancel, reschedule, re-price or delay a flight for any reason. Trip cancellation and travel delay insurance is recommended to reduce this risk to each trip participant.
Airline Seat Upgrades: The current business class upgrade from Melbourne, FL (MLB), to Kilimanjaro (JRO) and return is estimated to be +$4,145 added to the basic trip price above.
$500 at trip application
$1,500 due by 10 January 2017
$2,500 due by 15 March 2017
Final payment due by 1 August 2017
Payments and schedule above may vary depending on airline seating selected
RESERVE A SPACE:
$500 per person deposit will reserve your spot. No space is held without a deposit.
Online: Click the Register button above
Mail: Send completed trip application, a photocopy of your passport picture page, and check (payable to Space Coast Ski and Travel Club) to:
763 Oak Ridge Drive
Indialantic, FL 32903-4635
If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com
**Standard trip cancellation policy applies